OLFEO'S WEB SECURITY GATEWAY ADAPTED TO THE UNIQUE CHALLENGES OF HEALTHCARE INSTITUTIONS
The healthcare sector's web security requirements are particularly stringent – we help to address them
WEB SECURITY GATEWAY FOR THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR
Installed in more than 200 hospital institutions, Olfeo's solution is the most widely used in the healthcare sector in France as it offers customised responses to the specific challenges of the healthcare sector.
Whether it is for medical research, to assist in a surgical operation via webcam, a break from work for medical staff, or WiFi access for patients, the Internet access needs in healthcare institutions are countless.
Although healthcare institutions are aware of the importance of implementing proxy and web filtering solutions in order to protect their organisation from irresponsible Internet use and optimise work-relevant traffic, the CSO often encounters various challenges.
Web filtering solution for hospitals
THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR'S IMPERATIVES:
- Preventing false positives (classifying a website under the wrong category): Web filtering solutions that use keyword-based automatic categorisation methods often make classification errors, such as filing medical websites under wrong categories due to the type of vocabulary used on their websites. Websites on infantile gynaecology may inadvertently be filed under child pornography, for example
- Catering to customised filter policies: Medical personnel are a highly diverse group of professionals who work very long hours, and their Internet access requirements vary widely. It is therefore necessary to strike a balance between the time they spend online for work and personal purposes.
- Authorising in certain cases and for certain users, access to content that may be deemed illegal in certain countries. Psychologists may need to conduct research on drug-related websites, for example
- Ensuring 24-hour service continuity every single day
- Optimising specific traffic for particular events that medical professionals follow on the Internet
- Offering legally compliant Internet access to patients
Unrivalled filtering quality and zero false positives thanks to the manual classification of content in the right categories by multilingual European teams. All content is analysed manually in order to accurately determine the filter category to which a website belongs
- Granular administration of filter policies by user, user group or other criteria through a host of customisable actions: time and volume quotas, time slots, bypassing privileges, etc.
- A password-protected bypass function which allows certain users to access content deemed illegal, such as drug-related websites for medical research
- Individual distribution of the institution's Internet charter specifying rules governing the use of the information system, and the procedure for requesting exemptions in order to look up "illegal" content
- Native high availability to guarantee constantly optimal service quality
- Traffic optimisation thanks to cache and QoS rules through Olfeo's filter categories or customised URL lists
- A public portal that allows offering patients a secure and legally compliant Internet connection through personalised tickets that define the duration of the connection, associated filter policy, etc.