WEB SECURITY FOR SWISS ORGANISATIONS
The only web security gateway with 360 ° vision for Switzerland
Web security and web filtering projects should not only be considered from technical or functional angles when their implementation involves many other criteria: criminal law, civil law, labour laws, culture, management, etc.
Content filtering is particularly tricky as it requires:
- perfect knowledge of local laws: illegal content, employers' supervisory rights, processing of personal data, etc.
- the ability to assess the value of content, which in turn requires prior familiarity with the local culture in cases where a single website may be categorised in very different filter categories depending on the country.
In order for a filtering solution to remain relevant, it must integrate deep local knowledge. Solutions that apply filters on a global scale, i.e., those that have a one-size-fits-all filter with the same categories for New York, Beijing, Caracas or Cairo, no longer suffice with today's increasing need for more stringent filtering criteria.
A SOLUTION SPECIFICALLY DEDICATED TO THE SWISS MARKET
Olfeo offers a proxy and content filtering solution dedicated to the Swiss market, catering exhaustively to all the specific needs of this market. The Swiss version therefore benefits from:
- Compliance with Swiss legislation – categories that fully take into account the illegal perimeter in the Swiss context
- Relevance of categories adapted to Swiss areas of interest
- Accuracy of more than 96% in recognising websites that Swiss users visit, thanks to in-depth knowledge of Swiss surfing habits
- Unrivalled categorisation quality in Switzerland with manual classification of content
- Detection of localised attacks in Switzerland
- Individualised information in line with the Swiss Federal Law on Data Protection (LPD)
- Employee awareness
CONTACT YOUR Dedicated INTERLOCUTOR
CONTENT FILTERING IN LINE WITH SWISS LEGISLATION
Swiss laws regarding the Internet are specific, which CSOs in Switzerland have integrated into their daily duties.
This entails compliance with:
- Current legislation with regard to the use – especially illegal – of the Internet in the organisation. Swiss law prohibits access to many types of content that may not be deemed objectionable under laws in other countries.
In Switzerland, some of the following are particularly verboten:
- the online sale of prescription drugs that do not meet Mediswiss conditions,
- revisionism and racism in contravention of the law on the Organization of Government and administration (LOGA) of 21 March 1997,
- online gambling flouting the Federal Act on Games of Chance and Casinos (FGA),
- The law with regard to users. In Switzerland, the collection of logs is governed by the Federal Act of 19 June 1992 on Data Protection (FADP), the Federal Law on employment in trade and industry, and its provision 3 (OLT 3). Content filtering is therefore not as straightforward as a technological solution but also involves the law and human resource issues – labour laws, discrimination, the FADP, recommendations by the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner , etc.
The chosen tool must therefore be legal, enable compliance with legislation in terms of Internet access, and offer functions that facilitate its deployment in line with the Swiss legal context.
Global solutions may sometimes include LGBT categories, for example, or abortion. The use of such categories is prohibited in Switzerland as they infringe on privacy. "LGBT" as a category is also deemed discriminatory and cannot be filtered in Switzerland.
At Olfeo, we constantly monitor changes to Swiss legislation in collaboration with the law firm HDC, specifically with the attorney Sylvain Métille, so that we can adapt our solution to new legal provisions as soon as they come into effect.
SEE OUR CATEGORIES OF URLS SPECIFIC TO SWITZERLAND
OLFEO: OPTIMAL LEGAL PROTECTION CATERING TO THE UNIQUE LEGAL CHALLENGES IN SWITZERLAND
- Filter categories that take into account the entire perimeter considered illegal in Switzerland (Article 8 of the Federal Constitution of the Swiss Confederation)
- Constantly monitored categories updated along with changes to Swiss legislation (e.g.: Referendum against the Surveillance of Postal and Telecommunications Traffic [SPTT])
- Non-discriminatory filter categories
- Compliance with the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) through targeted and confidential extraction of log files and highly granular administration privileges and provision 3 of the Swiss Federal Law on employment in trade and industry, thanks to the individual distribution of usage regulations and retention of users' acceptance (nominative)
SWISS LEGAL WHITE PAPER
LA CONFORMITÉ CULTURELLE AU MARCHÉ Suisse
La solution Olfeo propose des catégories conformes à la législation, à la culture, aux centres d’intérêts et aux habitudes de surf des utilisateurs de Suisse. Cette approche permet à la DSI d’appliquer facilement la charte Internet qui a été construite avec les représentants du personnel et la direction des ressources humaines dans un climat social serein lors du déploiement de la solution de filtrage.
Les centres d’intérêt des internautes suisses diffèrent de ceux des internautes anglo-saxons d’où sont issus la plupart des produits de filtrage de contenus web. C’est pourquoi Olfeo permet à ses clients de disposer de catégories beaucoup plus adaptées et donc de pouvoir construire des politiques de filtrage en parfaite conformité avec leur règlement d’utilisation d’Internet. Les catégories disposent chacune d’un descriptif détaillé et permettent de lutter efficacement contre les risques de sécurité et les risques juridiques tout en garantissant un climat social serein lors du déploiement.
SPECIALISED KNOWLEDGE OF SWISS CULTURE
The Swiss version of Olfeo's product range uses specific categories that allow recognising and factoring in Helvetian federal and cantonal particularities such as trade unions or employee representative committees and even communal festivals such as the Carnaval des Bolzes in Fribourg.
An adapted categorisation method for Switzerland :
Domains such as monblog.ch host websites of all categories. Many content filtering vendors would tend to classify all of its content under "website hosting". Olfeo is able to drill down into sub-domains to classify certain websites under a work-related category while others may be classified under "pornography".
ADVANCED DETECTION OF LOCALISED VIRAL ATTACKS IN SWITZERLAND
MELANI, the Reporting and Analysis Centre for Information Assurance in Switzerland, has observed that conventional online attacks become more potent when they are localised, using the same language as local Internet users and striking a cultural chord. Over the past few years, several malware and phishing attacks have circulated through fraudulent e-mails from entities attempting to pass off as legitimate financial institutions that provide e-banking, such as Raiffeisen and Banques Cantonales Suisses.
Olfeo has compiled a reputation database dedicated to the prevention of attacks specific to the Swiss market. Leveraging the activity of its millions of users, this database is constantly enriched, thereby offering an extremely reliable reputation index in Swiss territory. Olfeo is therefore able to detect localised attacks with unsurpassed responsiveness, ahead of most other vendors on the market.