How do you meet the dual IT and HR challenges of optimizing bandwidth and improving productivity - while guaranteeing the security of your information system?
Responding to a twofold challenge within the Val d'Oise department, with the Information Systems Department undertaking a global identity management and security project:
- Optimize computer network bandwidth across a hundred different physical sites
- Guarantee the security of our 4,000 employees when they surf the Internet (Qwant has also been deployed).
A solution tailored to the needs of IT departments and human resources :
- Web filtering to limit Internet access via time and volume quotas
- Implementation ofWeb Antivirus, which analyzes content in real time to identify, block and remove all types of attack instantly.
- Recognized expertise: Web security gateway solution
- A solution that takes bandwidth issues into account
- Category finesse for efficient URL filtering
- The ability to set up virtual appliances to easily add resources.
- A French solution perfectly adapted to local legislation, unlike American products which sometimes have bugs in site categorization.
- A reliable solution in place for 9 years
- Attractive value for money .
THEY DID IT
28% bandwidth savings and improved employee productivity.
Meetings set up with trade unions, the Human Resources Department and the IT Department to support these changes in work organization.
- Real-time IS security with threat blocking
- Automatic interfacing of Olfeo with the company directory , making it easy to address filtering policies according to users' business directions via groups.
- Virtualization of appliances possible
- Easy-to-use console for automatic reporting
- Ergonomic interface for easy, efficient use of the solution
"We absolutely wanted a solution that was remote from the firewall. We chose Olfeo because we wanted a dedicated proxy solution whose core business was filtering. In UTMs, filtering is an option. This overloads the firewall, especially on a computer network with a hundred or so sites.
Laurent Roinsard - Urbanization & Production Department Manager